Sunday, July 31, 2011

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light 2xLP




After a month, my Ghost LP package still hadn't arrived. I didn't know what happened to the package. Last week, I went to the post office, asked about the package, the officer told me that they don't receive anything. Yesterday, I called the officer, to confirm the status of my shipment and he promised to me, he would call me back. After 2-3 hours, I got a phone call from the officer, he told me that my shipment had safely arrived. I requested that I want to collect it personally. The reason why I didn't want the postman to send to it my house because, the postman always puts a notification letter to my post box that asked for personal collection. Why? because my post box is to small, and they claim nobody at home. Hey Mr. Postman! my mates are 24-7 hours people at home in the morning, don't lie lah! Well I think he's too lazy to naik lift sampai tingkat 18 and simply said nobody at home. Haha. Today, I got some times to pickup my parcel before going to work. Damn! still not the Ghost LP, but what I got here is FOO FIGHTERS - WASTING LIGHT. Double pressing vinyl. Ok enough about post office,postman bla bla story.

Here are some info about Foo Fighters new album, Wasting Light is the seventh studio album by FOO FIGHTERS led by superhero Dave Grohl and it had been released on April 12, 2011. The new album was recorded entirely on analog tape in the garage of Grohl's home in California San Fernando Valley. No computers/no software. Everything back to basics. Some copies of the album (deluxe version) contain a small section of the original analogue master tape, an idea by Dave Grohl. Wasting Light also is the first studio album to feature guitarist Pat Smear as an official member since The Colour And The Shape (1997).

"Basically we recorded the record to analog tape, and wound up with 20-30 reels of tapes. At the end of the session I thought it would be an extraordinary move to destroy all the masters and give the pieces of the tapes to the fans. Give it to Gaga – maybe she can sample the snare drum beat." - Dave Grohl. Read the interview http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/8458359/Dave-Grohl-on-Foo-Fighters-chart-topping-album-Wasting-Light.html

The cd package contains 2 versions, the deluxe version contains pieces of tapes which i found it last week at Rock Corner, The Curve. I've heard the entire songs, and what can I say, it's my new favourite album from the Foo Fighters. I can listen to the tracks anytime, anywhere, and love the songs from beginning till end. Favourite tracks are Bridge Burning, Walk, Rope. Enjoy! Cheers!

Once again, where's my Ghost LP?


No comments:

Post a Comment